Standard Operating Procedure
by Jason Farmer, Managing Director – Published 11/05/20
Standard operating procedure
Policy for Cambs Logistics staff whilst working during Covid 19 Pandemic.
In accordance with NHS guidance, during the COVID-19 outbreak, it is Cambs Logistics’ policy that
1. Any members of staff with a new, continuous cough or fever (temperature greater than 37.8 deg C) must self-isolate for 7 days or whatever the updates NHS guidance states. In addition,
2. if anyone in their household presents with these symptoms the whole household must self-isolate for 14 days.
3. Should any staff show symptoms of an infection of any kind, they are expected to stay at home for at least 3 days to see how their symptoms develop.
Cambs Logistics expects sub-contractors to follow the same rules.
Therefore, before entering your building, Staff will be asked to confirm that
1. Neither you nor anyone else in your household have developed a new, continuous cough or fever (temperature greater than 37.8 deg C) within the last 14 days.
2. You have not had any kind of infection, which as per the latest NHS guidance could potentially be linked to COVID-19, within the last 3 days.
3. You do not have a persistent cough, that started more than 14 days ago (as we would not be able to verify that).
When on site, we politely ask our staff to:
1. Wear gloves in the lab at all times, happy to provide them if not available on site.
2. Wash hands regularly, particularly when moving in between different areas of the building.
3. Stay in your designated work area. We will keep an area of 2m around you clear at all times.
4. Use your allocated bin.
5. If any documentation is required to confirm work, please send via email prior to, or during our visit rather than having to sign on paper or screens.
6. Do not use the kitchen. Please make your own arrangements for refreshments to be taken outside of the building.
7. Please do not sit in the reception or lobby areas during a break. Make use of the outside areas or if they prefer sit in company vehicle.
Trading as Cambs Logistics, Company number 11971856 Registered in England & Wales. 44 Thorpe Way-Cambridge-CB5 8UB-UK. VAT Reg No. GB 325 6371 06. Waste Carrier Licence No. CBDU322000